Saturday, June 4, 2016

Are You Waiting?

Are you waiting on something?

Someone?

An opportunity? An answer?

A way out? A way in?

Hang in there, God is in the wait. 

And besides, He may be positioning you for something great!

In a book in the Bible that bears her name, Esther was orphaned and being raised by her uncle. She was not married, nor living in the country in which she was born. At that time, the King had dismissed the Queen for not submitting to him and had called for all the beautiful young women to be brought to the women's quarters of his home. There they prepared for a year before being brought before the King. The woman that would please him would become Queen.

Oh how Esther must have waited. But God was preparing her, for she received favor from the King and not only became Queen, but later was able to save the entire Jewish nation from being killed.

So, are you tried of waiting?

God may not be planning to use you to save an entire nation, but He may be positioning you to do something mighty in His name.

Don't despise the wait, but place in your heart the truth that God loves you and is wanting to use you in His time and His way.

For who knows . . . "Whether you have come to (this place) for such a time as this?" (Esther 4:12).


Has this been an encouargment to you? 
Take a moment to sign up at the top of this page 
for more encouraging post like this one.
 Let's walk this road of life together!
~ Beth


photo courtesy of pixabay.com

9 comments:

  1. Often we feel that waiting means not being productive. But I think God can teach us some of the best lessons while we wait—if we look for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Beckie. We just have to stop whining about the waiting and look for them! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  2. I've found that some of my richest blessings came through my times of waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Dee Dee. Most richest and more precious. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Beth, for reminding me to keep the wait time in the right perspective. I especially like that you said that God is wanting to use us "in His time and His way."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it helps if we can keep our time of waiting in prespective to what God is wanting to do in our lives! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  4. Beth, my blog post this week was also on waiting! God must be teaching us the same thing. I don't like the waiting, but I see how much God works in me during those times of waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so I'm not alone in the waiting . . . that's good to know! HA! Yes, God does teach me a lot during the waiting as well as stretch me. Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this line: "God is in the wait." Thank you for the encouragement in this post, Beth.

    ReplyDelete