Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Bird's Life


Some days don't go according to my plans. It's like walking into a beautiful summer day, but then by afternoon a thunderstorm comes through and I end up soaked and miserable. (And yes, my umbrella is always in the car, not with me.)




Sometimes my day is so difficult I just have to tuck my head down and push through.



Then there are the days when I feel like I'm watching everyone else enjoy their lives while I deal with all my hardships. Carrying what I feel is the weight of the world on my shoulders keeps me from soaring and enjoying life.



But as I stand on my feeble legs my heart reminds me of the words I hid there long ago . . .

"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they" (Matt. 6:26 NASB).


God cares for the birds of the air, but He cares more for me. I need to remember I was made in His likeness and He delights in me.

He delights in you too!

We must not worry about tomorrow, for if He cares for the birds of the field and we are worth more, He will take care of us.







photos courtesy of www.morguefile.com



No comments:

Post a Comment